What’s Next and Resources from 2023 NFO
Thank you for participating in The 2023 Provost’s New Faculty Orientation.
We hope you learned about our institution, some of our policies, and most importantly about where you need to go for help if you have an issue that you are unsure how to handle.
- SIGN UP FOR A MENTOR
- SIGN UP FOR THE NEW FACULTY WRITING COMMUNITY KICK OFF WORKSHOP
- Friday, September 1, 10:00 am – 11:30 a.m. Location TBD
The goal of this workshop is to help new faculty get excited about beginning their writing journey at Charlotte.
Dr. Garahan will engage attendees in conversation about the following topics:
- Prioritizing time for writing
- Honing an individual writing process
- Setting and monitoring writing goals
- Establishing writing support
- NEW FACULTY WRITING COMMUNITIES
The New Faculty Writing Community provides faculty members with a positive community of fellow faculty interested in making weekly progress on their writing goals. Participants attend a two-hour weekly writing session that begins with a brief greeting and goal-setting session, followed by quiet individual writing time.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR THE 2023 NEW FACULTY LEARNING COMMUNITY (NFLC) SCHEDULE
2023 NEW FACULTY RESOURCE BOOKLET: You will find the Orientation Agenda for August 15, 2023 in addition to numerous useful resources that have been compiled for you to make your transition to UNC Charlotte as smooth and successful as possible.