UNC Charlotte Academic Affairs has gathered a wide array of resources to assist faculty in acclimating to the UNC Charlotte environment.
The Dual Career Couples Employment Assistance Program has been jointly developed by the Office of the Provost, the University Career Center, and the Department of Human Resources to address some of the special employment needs and concerns of dual career couples. This program is designed to provide partners with the tools and information resources needed to support their search for suitable employment. Spouses and domestic partners of tenure-track faculty, senior academic and administrative officers, and professional (FLSA-exempt) staff who are recruited from outside the Charlotte-Metropolitan area are eligible to participate in the Program for up to one year.
- HERC of the Carolinas: The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium of the Carolinas - an excellent resource for dual-career hires. HERC of the Carolinas connects talented professionals with the best higher education employers in the East, listing hundreds of jobs from our member colleges and universities, community colleges, teaching hospitals, and research institutes.Our member institutions are committed to diversity hiring and dual-career couples, and our jobs cover the broadest spectrum of business functions, academic disciplines, and career stages.
- List of places your job advertisement will appear because of UNC Charlotte's membership in HERC of the Carolinas
- Diversity Trio Job Boards: The DiversityTrio.com group of job boards are the highest traffic specific sites for diversity in the higher education space. Hundreds of thousands of unique job seekers view the job boards every month.
- When Two Bodies Are (Not) a Problem: Gender and Relationship Status Discrimination in Academic Hiring
- History and Governance
- Employment at UNC Charlotte
- Teaching at UNC Charlotte
- Academic Regulations and Procedures/Tenure Policies
- University Resources
- Academic Support for Students
Research and Economic Development at UNC Charlotte is committed to providing a nourishing climate in which faculty research, creative, and service activities will flourish. Its mission is to support faculty with services that advance their professional development, help faculty secure funding, assist with project management, and represent their interests inside and outside the University. The Office of Institutional Research is the official reporting organization to external agencies, including but not limited to the Office of the President.
Other Work and Life Resources
Balancing Family & Academic Work
The AAUP's efforts to address the special challenge of making academic careers more compatible with participation in family life proceed from the Statement of Principles on Family Responsibilities and Academic Work (2001). To encourage implementation of the policies and practices set forth in that document, the AAUP has developed this website as a resource for faculty and institutions.