2019-2021 UNC Charlotte AGEP-NC Fellows
The vision of the AGEP-NC Alliance comprised of NC A&T State University, UNC Charlotte and NC State is to develop a corps of faculty fellows, department heads and directors of graduate programs leading their departments in planning and implementing enhancements to doctoral success for underrepresented minority dissertation students. AGEP-NC Fellows serve two year terms learning about cross cultural mentoring, promoting diversity in doctoral programs, and facilitating departmental dialog.
- Fellows develop initiatives to raise awareness, promote buy-in and build cross-cultural and mentoring skills among the faculty in their department;
- Engage the faculty in designing approaches to address obstacles for students and the needs of faculty for creating pathways for success for diverse dissertation students;
- Coordinate a faculty process of developing a departmental plan for doctoral student diversity and inclusion.
The 2019-2021 UNC Charlotte AGEP Fellows represent a range of STEM disciplines, including Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Electrical Engineering and Bioinformatics
From Left to Right Starting from the Back Row our AGEP Faculty Fellows are:
- Olya Keen: Department of Civil Engineering, The William States Lee College of Engineering
- Tao Han: Department of Electrical Engineering, The William States Lee College of Engineering
- Juan Vivero-Escoto: Department of Chemistry, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Jaya Bisshwal: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Adam Reitzel: Department of Biological Sciences, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Cynthia Gibbas: Department of Bioinformatics, College of Computing and Informatics